HTML tutorial

14:17
0




Q.1-10 In the following four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase underlined in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best express the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Q.1. I will be back in two shakes.
(A) with a bank
(B) with two milkshakes
(C) very soon
(D) in two minutes
Q.2. I cannot allow you to take liberties with me.
(A) fool around
(B) accuse me
(C) share my liberty
(D) treat me disrespectfully
Q.3. Before going to the party, the children were told to mind their p's and q's.
(A) to learn the alphabet
(B) to complete their homework
(C) to dress up properly
(D) to take care of their behaviour
Q.4. The road roller proved to be a white elephant for Mr. Raman.
(A) an exotic beast of burden
(B) an albino pachyderm
(C) a burdensome possession
(D) a symbol of royalty
Q.5. The king of metals is becoming dearer by the day.
(A) Iron
(B) gold
(C) diamonds
(D) platinum
Q.6. Syria is now currying favour with America
(A) pleasing
(B) favouring
(C ) obliging
(D) ingratiating itself
Q.7. Our Principal is not a man to mince matters.
(A) to confuse issues
(B) to say something mildly
(C) to mix everything together
(D) to be very modest
Q.8. The story of the train incident, as narrated by one of the survivors, made my flesh creep.
(A) thrilled me
(B) agitated me
(C) horrified me
(D) frightened me
Q.9. His parents cut him off without a shilling
(A) disinherited him
(B) snubbed him
(C) gave him only a shilling
(D) sent him away with a shilling
Q.10. A Prime Minister cannot ride rough shod over his ministerial colleagues for long.
(A) deal unkindly with
(B) take for granted
(C) can be hamhanded
(D) exploit wilfully
ANSWERS
1. C
2. D
3. D
4. C
5. B
6. B
7. C
8. D
9. A
10. A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aFPBR4LADew/V85_aRWKXkI/AAAAAAAAHAw/O_N9dmf5tMQu0kSfbC3NU2yCzkLVQV7eACLcB/s320/share.png[/img]